Welcome to this week’s roundup, which brings you more eCommerce goodness than Pinterest could do with all the boards.
- iThemes had a pretty big week with a couple announcements. The ability to allow guest checkout was added to Exchange over the week, as well as the addition of two payment gateway integrations: 2Checkout and CyberSource. As CyberSource handles large transaction volumes ($3MM++), this seems like an indication that scalability for large stores is a goal for Exchange moving forward (which will be interesting to follow). iThemes also released their newest offering: iThemes Sync. Sync will manage updates among multiple WordPress installs, and is meant to compete with ManageWP and other management systems.
- You can check out the WP Tavern coverage of the iThemes Sync launch for more info.
- Remi Corson posted 25 really useful WooCommerce snippets on WP Explorer that you may want to check out for some small but useful modifications. He also wrote an interesting tidbit on adding coupons to your order emails for WooCommerce as well.
- Coen Jacobs also posted some WooCommerce tips specific to how the WordPress SEO integration for WooCommerce can help your store.
- Speaking of WooCommerce, WooThemes posted their October Customer Happiness report with support statistics and their new goals. They also announced another payment gateway partnership for Simplify Commerce by Mastercard, which provides a free integration plugin, $10,000 in free transactions, and fees of 2.85% + $0.30 per transaction after that.
- Now that we’ve given you the news for Exchange and WooCommerce, we also found a new comparison of the two from WPKube that works as a good supplement to our eCommerce guide.
- Easy Digital Downloads posted a tutorial on how to set up a store credit system with EDD. They also released an extension that allows you to send downloads as email attachments.
- Cart66 also posted a couple tutorials. First, how to require terms and conditions at checkout and how to organize products into categories.
- As for you store owners out there, Torque posted an article by Chris Lema on customer mentality that gives some solid advice to bear in mind when selling and setting up products in your store.
- WP Mayor posted an overview of form builder plugins that does a good job of showing usage and pros/cons of some major ones.
Did we miss something? Please let us know so that we can make sure it’s included in next week’s roundup!
Great roundup! Thanks for mentioning my posts! 😉
No problem! Thanks again for some great tips 🙂
Comments are closed.