Ooooh, a Friday the 13th roundup! Know what you should be doing first? Updating to WordPress 3.8, which has now been released! Check out this review at Post Status for more details.
Here’s the eCommerce news for WordPress we’ve collected for you this week:
- For those of you running or researching membership sites, MemberPress just updated to version 1.1 and learned some cool new tricks. Emails and product options have been improved, members can now pause and resume memberships, and more. They also posted some strategies to increase the success of your membership site.
- Exchange added some new add-ons/integrations again this week, including a Customer History Add-on, which allows you to review and then optimize visitor paths, and an add-on for Manual purchases.
- Easy Digital Downloads also released a couple new add-ons this week: Galleries Pro, which allows you to easily create product galleries, and Upload File, which allows your customers to upload files before or after completing an order.
- CopyBlogger posted some great advice for using your content for effective branding.
- WooThemes is running a 12-day Christmas promotion on some of their top products. You can sign up to be notified of each daily promotion for those of you interested in their themes or WooCommerce products.
- Shopp posted a tutorial for adding shipping methods to your Shopp admin and some advice on Styling Item Options in the Cart.
- We’ll cover hosted solutions vs WordPress at a later time, but here’s a review of Shopify vs WordPress from Cart66 to get you started.
- Researching alternative payment methods to accept along with credit cards? Practical eCommerce posted an overview of some alternative payment methods.
- Do it with WP has a review of EDD’s new ticketing integration with The Events Calendar.
- Looking for a plugin for a Q&A forum? WP Mayor posted a review of CM Answers you should check out.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!