Just because 2013 is winding down doesn’t mean our news coverage does! Check out the eCommerce news for WordPress from the past week:
- Easy Digital Downloads released a new bundle of extensions specifically geared towards users setting up marketplaces that can save you a lot of money on popular add-ons. The Social Discounts Extension has also been rewritten and re-released.
- While we’re talking about EDD, you should check out this review of using EDD to create a theme business.
- ManageWP.org posted their final plugin roundup for the year that may be useful for general site improvements: Top Ten plugins of December.
- Speaking of plugins, know what plugin’s super useful? Gravity Forms. That’s why I’d recommend you check out WP Squared’s review of the best Gravity Forms add-ons.
- Using Cart66 Cloud? They just posted some helpful tips and snippets for customizing your store.
- Shopp posted a tutorial to help you override authorization-only behavior for shipped orders so you can automatically authorize and capture payments for these orders.
- iThemes released an Exchange Invoices add-on, which allows you to send invoices to clients or customers that can be paid via your preferred payment gateway, and Sync Updates that allow you to manage up to 100 sites.
- WP Beginner posted a Best of WordPress tutorials 2013 recap that has some great general WordPress resources.
- Looking into hosting services? Hosting service Pagely posted some advice for selecting a hosting company you could check out, and Do it With WP posted a WP Engine review I’d read. Though I’d also recommend checking out our article on WordPress hosting as well! 🙂
- Using WooCommerce? Patrick Rauland posted a useful tutorial on notifying admins when a customer changes an address, and Remi Corson posted a helpful overview of how to customize the address fields on an order.
- WP Squared also posted a WooCommerce article this week on add-ons to help your store.
- If you’re not using managed hosting, you may need to invest in a backup system for your WordPress site. WP Lift has some advice on how to back up your site that you should check out.
- Need support services for your plugin or theme? WP Kube has some advice to get the best and most efficient support.
- Inbound Now has some solid advice on effective call-to-actions for your eCommerce site, and SteamFeed has tips to improve the usability of your site.
- Not sure if you should offer free shipping? Check out this guide from Shipwire.
As always, please let us know if we missed something, and enjoy your weekends and holidays!