TGIF? Nope, thank God it’s Weekly Roundup day. Here’s the eCommerce tidbits and news in WordPress for this week:
- KISSmetrics posted an article on The Little Box That’s Killing Your Sales as well as Effective eCommerce images. We wrote about the same ideas in our article on eCommerce Sites that Sell.
- We love helping users with membership sites, and we have a couple of membership tidbits for you. Blogging Experiment posted an overview of some membership plugins similar to our list of general WordPress Membership solutions, and MemberPress posted a tutorial on setting up post excerpts for membership content to improve SEO.
- UpCity posted a list of the top 25 WordPress eCommerce Apps that includes several of the platforms we’ve reviewed.
- Looking for eCommerce themes instead? Check out this list of 30 of ’em from WPLift.
- We’ve already suggested Stripe for payment processing, but Memberful also has some thoughts on Stripe vs PayPal you should check out.
- Thinking about using Easy Digital Downloads? Here’s a an overview of how churches have used it for online donations.
- If you want to create a marketplace with EDD, you should check out the Frontend Submissions extension, which was updated this week and now includes the ability for vendors to edit and delete products among some other fixes. In addition, a great new marketplace theme, called Marketify, was released this week to make settings up your own marketplace as easy as possible.
- The new Checkout Fields Editor was also released last week, which allows you to add new, custom fields to the Easy Digital Downloads checkout screen.
- iThemes just launched an e-Learning add-on for Exchange that integrates with LearnDash Learning Management System.
- Gravity Forms was recently updated to version 1.8 and Bob Dunn has an overview of what features have been added and updated.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!