Friday = News day! Here are all of the eCommerce tidbits, announcements, releases, and updates from the past week of WordPress fun:
- We posted a detailed WP EasyCart review last week, but wanted to fill you in on some updates that were just pushed out:
- You can now build PayPal subscriptions for your products (magazine subscriptions, etc). You can see all the details of the subscription, including active status, sign-up dates, last payment dates, number payments completed, and other customer information in your admin console.
- Version 2.1 includes an additional shipping method that allows you now to build a rate table based on quantity of items in the shopping cart.
- DHL is now included as a shipping carrier and can return live shipping rates for customers using this option.
- You can now enter a global handling fee, which will be added to whatever shipping rates you use.
- There’s now a setting under the ‘Advanced Options’ to enable catalog-only mode to allow browsing, but not purchases.
These are some great updates to an already comprehensive product!
- WooThemes just released the Chase Paymentech gateway integration for WooCommerce if you’re looking for a new payment processor.
- Speaking of WooCommerce, here’s part 2 of the developer series from Max Rice we’d mentioned last week: Get and Update Order Information, and a tutorial from Remi Corson on creating custom fields for product variations.
- Easy Digital Downloads released a Gravity Forms add-on this week that allows you to create purchase forms for any of your products through Gravity Forms.
- Here are more EDD how-to’s from Sumobi: Remove the excerpt in EDD Cross-sell & Upsell and Show the Shop Vendor’s email for each download purchased.
- Shopp just released the Tickets plugin from Modern Tribe, which allows you to combine all the power of the Shopp eCommerce platform with the tried and true Events Calendar to create a ticketing solution for events.
- Exchange has added the ability to process manual refunds within the plugin and make customer management notes. Their Membership Add-on can also do some new tricks – the add-on now features a better way for members to upgrade (and downgrade) their memberships.
- Elegant Themes posted a comparison of popular WordPress hosting services from Joyce Grace.
- James Dalman posted a list of recommended plugins, themes, and services for WordPress that you may find helpful. Stay tuned, as we’re working on something similar!
- Looking for easy ways to market your product? Try guest posting on industry blogs or for services you use as a case study. Here’s a good infographic / post on guest blogging.
- Here are some good tips from Crazy Egg about how and when to offer free shipping.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!