Did you see our new section this week? We’ve started an “Ask Sell with WP” category for reader questions! You can check out the first post about physical products with MemberMouse, or get in touch with your own questions!
Now on to the news:
- Looking to learn how to tweak or change your site? Post Status posted some great resources for learning WordPress that we’ve honored to be a part of!
- Yes, we’ve written about membership plugins for WordPress, but one consideration may narrow the discussion a lot for you: Membership Plugins & Payment Gateways (via Chris Lema)
- Here are some Easy Digital Downloads tidbits and announcements from this week:
- Using EDD Wishlists? Check out an add-on for the extension – free EDD favorites.
- Using EDD to sell images? Check out the new Download Image Watermark add-on, which allows you to easily add watermarks to your download product images.
- Here are the weekly tutorials from Sumobi: Show a download’s sale and download count and Adding a custom checkout field in Easy Digital Downloads
- Want to add an image or text-based badge to EDD products? Try the free EDD Product Badges.
- Looking to integrate EDD and Gravity Forms using the new Gravity Forms Checkout add-on? Here’s a setup tutorial from Pippin Williamson.
- Want to accept Bitcoin while using Shopp? There’s now a Coinbase add-on for Shopp available.
- We’ve written about email marketing, which is one of the most important tools available to engage customers. Here are some tips on effective emails from Campaign Monitor (via KISSmetrics).
- More interesting stuff from KISSmetrics: Not all channels are geared towards conversions – a good reminder to look at your site as a whole, not just web conversions or mobile conversions.
- We mentioned Media Temple’s managed WordPress hosting launch in last week’s roundup, but here’s an overview of what it’s like to use the service.
- Speaking of managed solutions, WP Mayor has a comparison of top WordPress Maintenance services.
- WP EasyCart now supports Stripe for payment processing as of the version 2.1.4 release!
- So you’ve been carefully reading all of our tips and how-to’s so that you can optimize your site…how do you finish the last mile in the race for conversion optimization? Yoast just announced more conversion review services to provide a workable report of things you could improve to increase your conversion rate.
- Increasing conversions is always a topic in the eCommerce sphere, but many times we take shortcuts that can be detrimental in the long-term. Here’s some advice for improving conversions without racing to the bottom.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!