I moved this week, but I think I can now empathize with the USPS – the mail must go through! Except in my case, it’s the weekly roundup. Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments 🙂 Happy Friday!
- Looking to sell digital downloads? WP Squared has a good overview on setting up and using Easy Digital Downloads.
- WooThemes released a couple handy free plugins: Subscribe & Connect, which displays social links and a newsletter signup, and Homepage Control, which lets you re-order or disable any of the homepage components added by your theme, and control the display and order of any function hooked on to the “homepage” hook.
- Here’s a handy tutorial from WP Theme tutorials on Changing product category order in WooCommerce.
- Pagely just announced that they’re offering dedicated WooCommerce hosting. Since the problems described are not specific to WooCommerce, the dedicated VPS option offered would be a solid option for any large eCommerce site.
- Pantheon, a website platform that offers an alternative to traditional hosting, has launched Pantheon for WordPress.
- Curious about managed hosting? Here’s a comparison of Media Temple vs WP Engine managed WordPress hosting services from Winning WP.
- We wrote about using transactional email services for eCommerce this week, and found a similar article about sending newsletters from WP Beginner.
- Speaking of emails, here’s great advice from KISSmetrics on How to Humanize Your E-commerce Business with Personalized Messages.
- MemberPress posted some great advice on how engagement contributes to membership site success.
- Learning WordPress or a new plugin can sometimes be difficult for clients or new hires. Check out the evolution of Sidekick from TorqueMag for some interesting insight and coming features for this learning plugin.
- We’ve recommended KISSmetrics for eCommerce analytics before, and they just added some nifty new features, including the ability to generate reports based on your objectives.
- We’ve also written about customer lifetime value recently, and came across this great in-depth guide on calculating Customer LTV from Conversions XL.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!