Welcome to this week’s news catchup! We’ve got add-on and theme releases, coupon codes, and more!
- Congrats to WooCommerce on becoming the most popular eCommerce tool (based on these stats from BuiltWith). You can celebrate by getting 25% off on WooThemes products until March 31st with the code
- MemberMouse just released a pretty significant update to the plugin, which includes the ability to gift memberships, improvements to cancelled account handling, the ability to drip feed bundle content using Smart Tags, and more.
- We mentioned Pantheon in last week’s roundup – looking for more information? Our friends over at Post Status have a full breakdown and interview with one of the co-founders.
- Speaking of hosting, here’s an article from WP Site Care on why they use SiteGround as their hosting partner.
- Want to check out the American Gladiators version of a hosting showdown instead? Read this managed hosting comparison from Review Signal.
- We’ve written about using Easy Digital Downloads to create a digital goods marketplace. There’s a review of the Marketify theme we discussed over at WP Mayor if you want more information.
- Shopp now offers a Payson add-on for payment processing in Sweden.
- iThemes launched new Security and Security Pro plugins, which are based on what was formerly the Better WP Security plugin. Torque Mag has more info on the release here. If you like other iThemes plugins, you can pick up the plugin as part of the Developer Suite using the code
PROTECT44to get $44 off.
- Congrats to Ecwid on reaching 160,000 downloads on WordPress.org. The plugin also now supports PayU for merchants in India.
- Using the Genesis framework? Check out Carrie Dils’s Genesis Office Hours for help (inspired by contributor Daniel Espinoza’s WooCommerce Office Hours).
- Still using the Genesis framework? Yoast just released another Genesis child theme: Strategy.
- Speaking of Yoast, here’s an overview of why you should be using WordPress SEO from WP Elevation. You may want to check out our article on this at the same time.
- My Wife Quit her Job has a neat overview of how they used Crazy Egg to Boost Conversions.
- Looking to hire someone to make changes to your site or a new plugin? Read these tips on hiring a developer from Chris Lema.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!