We’re starting this week’s roundup with a public service announcement of sorts: I’d really like for you to read this post about open source projects from Ipstenu (AKA Mika, who is a WordPress.org wizard). It’s a great reminder that the very cheap / free software we use in our projects has a scope bigger than what you’re doing, and that it won’t always (nor should it) do exactly what you need.
- Speaking of Mika, she and some other very knowledgeable eCommerce experts are hosting a WP Session on April 12 about eCommerce for Site Owners, which will showcase some popular eCommerce plugins along with detailed walkthroughs and information about what each can do. The session is $25, but you’ll get 20% if you book a spot today.
- We’ve got an article on Setting up a Membership Site with WooCommerce, but here’s a great tutorial video from Chris Lema that makes a great companion. He’s also released one on iThemes Exchange that I’d view with our article on Exchange Membership Sites. They go really well together!
- Another WooCommerce tutorial for you: Creating a “Confirm Password Field” on the ‘My Account’ registration form from WooNinja Gerhard Potgieter.
- Using WP eCommerce? Here’s a tutorial we missed last week on How to Disable Customer Notifications.
- Here’s a free integration between Paid Memberships Pro and MailPoet to allow your customers to subscribe to your MailPoet newsletters as part of the membership checkout. They’ve also launched a tutorial on integrating Gravity Forms for paid members and an integration with WooCommerce.
- Practical eCommerce has some good advice on 5 Ways to Increase Sales from Returning Customers.
- Here’s a reminder from PropelAd on the importance of product images, as well as some great tips for better product images.
- This infographic on 6 Best Practices of Responsive Web Design from TechMagnate has some great tips for designers.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!