We’ve got an exclusive offer for our readers we want to make sure you saw this week. We wrote about affiliate programs and a new plugin that makes creating one ridiculously easy: Affiliate WP. Use the code
SELLWITHWP to sign up and get 15% off of your license!
Now show me the news!
- We mentioned this one in last week’s roundup, but if you’re looking for a great intro on how to choose and setup an eCommerce platform, we recommend the WPSession on eCommerce for Site Owners – don’t forget to sign up today! This session is for tomorrow. Ready to step your game up a bit? There’s also an eCommerce for Developers session on April 19.
- iThemes launched their new security plugin last week – here’s a walkthrough of how to use it, and here’s a tutorial on how to hide the login setting.
- Looking for membership site options? Here’s a tutorial on tutorial on building a membership site using Genesis and Restrict Content Pro. We also recommend the WPSession we previously reference on Building a Membership Site featuring Chris Lema, Shawn Hesketh, and Drew Stojny.
- Speaking of Chris Lema, here’s a handy tutorial he posted on adding icons to your site navigation menu.
- We recently wrote about some important strategies for great customer service – if you read that and thought that you probably don’t need to check out that article, read Buffer’s overview of How Much Bad Customer Service Costs You.
- Ecwid has launched an update to their WordPress plugin that allows you to embed individual products on pages or posts with a shortcode (very handy for a “product of the month” in a sidebar widget or similar). They’ve also made some SEO and mobile display improvements.
- Using PayPal? Here’s a new integration for WooCommerce.
- Jigoshop has announced a new policy that provides a 14-day money back guarantee for all Jigoshop.com purchases.
- Here’s some interesting insight from Practical Ecommerce on the costs of setting up an eCommerce store and what considerations to keep in mind when launching.
- PropelAd has some advice on reducing cart abandonment that’s worth a quick read – if you want to dig further into shipping methods (which is a huge cause of abandonment), read our article on Effective Shipping Methods.
- Speaking of improving conversions, here’s an interesting read on how personalized marketing improves sales and customer happiness from ConversionsXL.
Thanks, and enjoy your weekend!