Congratulations to Easy Digital Downloads for passing 400,000 downloads this week, and to WooCommerce for passing 4,500,000! Each have had new content and products released this week.
- EDD released two new extensions this week: Google Wallet will allow customers to purchase items on your site using their Google wallet as a payment method. Email Reports will fetch your store’s sales stats and send them to you in a daily summary.
The WooCommerce development roadmap is now public on Trello, which means you can follow along with proposed features and vote for them.
There were also several WooCommerce tutorials and tips posted this week:
- Patrick Rauland wrote about how to use table rate shipping.
- If you use the WooCommerce Currency Converter Widget, you can display country flags rather than currency symbols.
- Here’s how to only show free shipping for shipping methods if it’s available.
- Here are two from SkyVerge: How to align add-to-cart buttons in the shop and How to add WooCommerce custom order status icons.
- Treehouse is also launching a WooCommerce course soon for help on setting up a WooCommerce site.
Not sure whether WordPress or a different platform is right for your store? Here’s a post I wrote this week on Post Status: Is WordPress Right for eCommerce?
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!