Congrats to the WooCommerce team for hitting 5 million downloads this week!
- While we’re on the subject of WooCommerce, here are a couple of new related articles:
- Receiptful was just launched for WooCommerce, which adds the ability to customize your email receipts and use them as a marketing opportunity. 80% of email receipts are opened, providing a valuable communication channel that they’ve written about in their first post.
- Patrick Rauland wrote about building a new Terms & Conditions pop up extension.
- A WooCommerce add-on for Conductor has been released that can output several attributes of your products, such as price, shipping details, and inventory. Here’s a video of it in action.
- Chris Lema wrote about why WooCommerce is a great fit for eCommerce sites because it’s a platform – you can build in memberships, recurring billing, etc.
- Here’s a quick WooCommerce tutorial from SkyVerge on changing the return to shop URL.
- Kevin Ohashi posted another fantastic, comprehensive hosting review over at Review Signal that contains tons of performance metrics on major hosts.
If you’re looking for hosting information from users instead, check out the annual WP Shout survey results, which have just been posted for 2014.
AffiliateWP just released another free add-on to offer affiliate signup bonuses to encourage signups.
AffiliateWP has also just released version 1.4, which adds the ability to exclude tax from referrals and fixes several small issues.
Chris Lema wrote about selling video courses using Sensei this week, which has the ability to drip courses coming soon. He also has an overview of whether Rainmaker is right for you, which can help you build a membership or digital goods eCommerce site.
Here’s an EDD snippet from Andrew Munro that adds customer usernames and profile links to the customer details on the payments screen to easily access customer info.
Looking for a payment processor? Check out this article, then also look at Braintree, who just announced that European merchants will get $50,000 in processing free of fees just like US merchants do through their Ignition program.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!