If you sell digital products worldwide, you should be aware of the new EU VAT regulations that may affect you, even if you don’t live in the EU. Here’s some information on what your shopping cart must to do be compliant with VAT regulations, and how EU VAT regulations affect US merchants from Taxamo.
This change has affected many merchants, and some have even chosen to stop selling to the EU. You also may have that choice made for you. For example, popular website and eCommerce platform Squarespace won’t be supporting these changes for their merchants, who will have to stop selling digital products to the EU in January.
Now onto some lighter news, such as fun new products 🙂 .
- Easy Digital Downloads 2.2 was released this week, and we have a review of the changes for you.
A new Product Updates extension for EDD was also released this week, which allows you to send “product updated” emails to customers that have purchased the product. This even integrates with the Software Licensing extension so you can send emails only to customers with an active license key.
Here are several WooCommerce articles and tutorials that were posted this week:
- The WooCommerce support team wrote a guide on creating a custom ‘Thank You’ page redirect based on the item purchased.
- Bryce Adams wrote several tutorials this week, including a guide on how to change “Add to Cart” button text with several different product type examples. He also wrote about setting a minimum order amount for local pickup and how to allow free shipping for certain products.
- Here’s a tutorial on how to check if the WooCommerce cart is empty and do something, such as display a notice.
- Here’s a head-to-head of WooCommerce vs Shopify from 1st web designer.
- The WooCommerce iOS app was updated this week as well in a patch release.
- iThemes released their Table Rate Shipping extension – we did a full review of the plugin already if you’d like more details, which includes how you can get 40% off 🙂 .
iThemes also updated the Exchange MailChimp add-on with new features such as adding customers to a particular list depending on the product purchased.
AffiliateWP released a Pushover notifications add-on that can send affiliates push notifications for referrals.
Justin Sainton posted a quick guide on how to remove the shipping calculator from WP eCommerce.
Jigoshop has released version 2.0 beta 1 for testing, which includes a complete plugin rewrite.
Looking for tips to prepare your store for the rest of the Holiday sales season? Here are details on making the most of your holiday sales from WooThemes and some solid advice for boosting holiday sales from Receiptful.
Patrick Rauland has some advice on using email delivery tools for your store.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!