Easy Digital Downloads 2.3 was released this week, and we’ll have a full review on Monday. In the meantime, you can check out the WP Tavern review of the changes. Major highlights include an improved customer management UI, better tracking for reports, and signed URLs for downloads to increase security and reliability.
Now the rest of the news!
- The MailChimp extension for Easy Digital Downloads got a very cool update that lets you subscriber purchasers to groups within a list depending on what was purchased. This is an excellent way to manage all customers within one list, then segment them for product-specific updates or emails.
- And a final EDD note, the Receiptful integration for EDD is now out of beta and freely available in the wild to improve your email receipts.
- Chris Lema has some tips for membership site onboarding from Match.com.
- Paid Memberships Pro version 1.8 was released this week to improve payment gateway management and membership statuses.
- WordImpress has a great tutorial on how they’ve implemented an email preview solution for WooCommerce, which will let you preview any email type without sending the email so you can see what your customizations will look like.
- Here’s a handy guide on setting up promotions with WooCommerce from Slocum Themes — I really like the idea of sending coupons in exchange for an email signup.
- Here’s a WooCommerce 2.3 recap from Wooassist that includes the features added, but more importantly, some issues that have arisen over the past month following the update, and some strategies for fixes.
- Bigcommerce has 5 small tips for checkout design that can reduce cart abandonment.
- Here’s one I found through Adii Pienaars Tough Chit newsletter: The Hacker’s Guide to User Acquisition: Instagram
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!