Big week, lots of news! Happy Easter to those of you celebrating this weekend as well 🙂 .
- Cart66 2.0 was released this week, and includes upgrades such as a product grid layout, product custom post type, and photo galleries. Their upgrading guide contains details on some of the major changes.
- Patrick Rauland from WooThemes released a WooCommerce Cookbook this week that provides almost 100 WooCommerce tutorials and “recipes”.
- If you’re looking to learn WooCommerce, I’d also recommend checking out BobWP‘s WooCommerce tutorials.
- BuiltWith put together a neat list of major online stores using WooCommerce — I learned that Keurig uses WooCommerce Subscriptions 🙂 .
- Subscriptions is a huge draw towards WooCommerce for many stores, as this case study from Prospress illustrates.
- Justin Sainton posted a quick snippet on making the WP eCommerce test gateway admin-only.
- You can add the markup for Twitter product cards for Easy Digital Downloads using this free plugin from Lee Willis.
- A premium EDD plugin was also released this week to add acquisition surveys to your checkout to see how customers learned about your store.
- Shopp 1.3.9 was released this week, which includes some security fixes (so update!) and new hooks for developers.
- Paid Memberships Pro released a free add-on to protect custom post types on your membership site.
- Search Engine Journal has some tips for improving email marketing to improve customer retention and happiness.
- A Better Lemonade Stand posted a comprehensive guide to Advanced Instagram Marketing Tactics, including tips to get more followers and be mentioned by the largest accounts in your niche.
- This infographic from Quick Sprout shows you why you should be using upselling and cross-selling to increase average order value, and provides some examples on how to do so.
- Receiptful posted 6 insights from email receipts they’ve gathered while sending over 100,000 email receipts.
- The Storefront theme for WooCommerce got an update to vastly improve accessibility this week, and WooThemes released 2 new premium extensions for it: Product Hero, which creates a hero widget to showcase a product, and Pricing Tables to generate a pricing table for your selected products.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!