Back from some time on the beach! ???? And boy is there a lot of great reading to catch up on — be sure to check out all of the additional articles this week, there are some gems. ?
New or updated plugins & themes
- Jilt has released Jilt for WooCommerce 1.5 so you can now use improved brand settings, product recommendation email blocks, and product segmentation rules for your emails.
- SkyVerge outlines how the WooCommerce Bambora payment integration has been rewritten with version 2.0 to provide another advanced, PCI compliant payment integration.
Tutorials & reviews
- We’ve published a detailed guide on creating shipping per item with WooCommerce.
- Shopify has an amazing primer on starting a YouTube channel for your store with tips on optimizing your profile and videos.
- Here’s a quick WooCommerce snippet from Nicola Mustone to show your cross-sells on your thank you page after checkout.
Marketing & conversions
- Easy Digital Downloads outlines how you can build customer confidence in your digital products to drive more sales.
- Wondering how long your marketing emails should be? I dug into the ideal eCommerce email length on the Jilt blog.
- Upsell’s latest “How I got my first customer” article shows how Taja collection got their first sales from Instagram before having a product ready.
Other tips & articles
- Upsell takes a deep dive into why B2C customers shouldn’t discount B2B sales with details on how TribeTats grew a B2B division that outpaced their B2C sales.
- iThemes has a set of 10 tips for improved WooCommerce SEO.
- While your competition shouldn’t drive your product or marketing strategy, you should always know where you stand — Shopify has a guide to doing competitive research for eCommerce stores.
- Upsell also has a breakdown on how Brandless became one of the largest brands in consumer packaged goods with great positioning, building a strong community, encouraging purchasing with a purpose, and more.
- Concerned about the South Dakota v Wayfair ruling? Shopify has a guide guide to what economic nexus means for you and how it affects how you collect sales tax.
- A Better Lemonade Stand has a detailed guide to figuring out your free shipping thresholds to help you effectively use free shipping to drive more sales, while maximizing profit and customer happiness.
- Entering a highly-regulated market is challenging, and Upsell breaks down how Drizly and Eaze are growing in these markets with great customer experience, strategic partnerships, and compliant technologies.
- Shopify Plus has a set of really neat insights into the future of mobile commerce and trends you should check out for an improved mobile experience.
- I shared some tips on getting actionable feedback from your customers to improve your site and products on the Jilt blog.
- You should also pair this feedback with the Jobs-to-be-done framework to understand your customers and buyer segments.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!